Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete Edition
From GOG Community Wiki
|This Product Page is incomplete and may require expansion or cleanup. Please help to improve the Product Page, or discuss the issue on the talk page.|
|Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete Edition|
|Developer||New World Computing, Inc.|
|GOG Release Date||August 25, 2009|
|Original Release Date||June 1, 1999|
| Product Page |
| Like it?
Murder, treachery, resurrection, savage battles and ultimately-freedom!
When Erathia's King Gryphonheart is murdered by traitors he is resurrected as an undead warlord who leads a ruthless invasion of his former Kingdom. Little resistance is met until his daughter Catherine, Queen of Enroth, returns to her homeland commanding an army of elite Enrothian warriors. Meanwhile the Necromancers raise large hordes of undead and advance towards the Erathian capitol. Queen Catherine receives the aid of her father's survived generals and embarks on a crusade to reclaim her lost land.
You control the greatest heroes and fiercest creatures in a conflict of epic proportions, as Cathereine fights to restore her family's rightful reign, uncover her father's killers and free him from the dark prison of his undead body!
This is a must have for every Might and Magic series fan!
Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete contains the base Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Restoration of Erathia game and its two expansion packs, Armageddon's Blade and The Shadow of Death. The three games converge and all the campaigns are accessible from the main menu, so no launcher is required.
The GOG.com release does not contain the standalone Linux or Mac releases of the game.
In its original retail release, Heroes of Might and Magic III was accompanied by an episodic campaign called Heroes Chronicles. This was released on GOG.com several months after Heroes of Might and Magic III was originally released.
- 3 manuals (209 pages)
- creature tables
Patches and modifications
- Highly recommended: HD Mod. This modification, also known as HiRez Mod and Multi-Resolution patch, adds the possibility to modify the resolution of the game by expanding the Adventure Map view. Furthermore, various interface bugs are fixed and extra functions have been added to extend management within the game. Most features can be turned off to one's liking through the launcher and the associated configuration file. The latest version of the mod, as of 26th June 2011 is 2.92u.
|Note:||The High Res mod is shipped in 7z compression format. Install 7-zip to correctly unpack it.|
- Heroes of Might and Magic 3½: In the Wake of the Gods is a fan-made expansion pack for Heroes of Might and Magic III. It adds new engine capabilities (to the benefit of mod makers) as well as new features, such as a new resource (Mithril), new towns and heroes, new buildings and new gameplay mechanics. The aim of the mod is to provide "logical progression to Heroes of Might and Magic IV". In the Wake of the Gods is compatible with the high res mod.
- VCMI is an attempt at a complete engine rewrite for Heroes of Might and Magic III. It builds on the work made in In the Wake of the Gods and provides cross-compatibility. The rewrite is not finished and is still in pre-beta phase.
- Heroes of Might and Magic 3 has shown to be rather unstable under Windows 7 and Windows Vista, even with the HDMod installed. Users should be aware of crashes that may happen after a few hours, but the game's auto-save feature is fortunately there to compensate.
- Some users experience issues regarding multi-player over LAN on Windows 7 and Vista. A workaround has been posted by samboy to solve this issue.